January 2019 Newsletter
Happy New Year!
I hope this finds you recovered from the holidays and looking forward to 2019.
Although we don’t have a January meeting, I thought it would be helpful to touch base with the membership and keep you informed about our happenings.
Here’s a list in date order:
- Tuesday 9 January 2 pm – Meeting to form an exhibition committee. I know it’s not until September but planning and pr must start soon. If you are interested in being on the committee, please show up to the meeting.
- 26 February- An excursion by train to the Art Gallery of New South Wales to see Masters of Modern Art from the Hermitage. Proposed date: Tuesday, 26 February. Wendy Grahame has already seen it and still wants to see it again. She said it was terrific. Let us know if you’d like to come and if this date works for you.
- Dungog Archie’s has a few March dates that are noteworthy. Entry forms due Friday, 15 March, works to be delivered on Wednesday, 27 March, and opening night is on the 29th. We will need a few volunteers to hang the entries on the 29th and opening night will need members to bring a dish. 2019 Archies entry forms can be downloaded from here.
*** Calling all our creative members. We are looking to update our logo. Ideas are most welcomed.
If you’re not on our gallery roster please consider signing up for a date or two each month. It really helps us to have the gallery open.
Next meeting Thursday 7 February, 5:30 at our gallery.
So you can see we have a lot to consider for our wonderful group of artists.
Hope to see you soon.
Dungog Arts Society’s mission is to foster creative activities for all members of the community and to further develop artist awareness. Our latest activities and upcoming events can be found on our News page.
We can be found at the foot hills of the World Heritage listed Barrington Tops National Park, on the main street of the historic town of Dungog, 266 Dowling Street Dungog NSW 2420.
The original art group began in 1973 with a small group of artists and was eventually formed into a Society in the year 2000. Our main aims are:
- To nurture an interest in art in the Dungog community
- To provide facilities for local artists to meet and work together
- To have classes for people to learn drawing and painting techniques
- To venture out into the field and enjoy the great outdoors.
Our current committee is listed on this page.
If you wish to join as a member, go to this page.