ANNUAL EXHIBITION DRAFT
1 OPEN (paintings - any medium – any subject )
2 CAM & LESLEY SKINNER TRADITIONAL LANDSCAPE (Acrylic, oil or watercolour paintings)
3 LOCAL ARTIST (Painting – any medium - any subject, artist must reside in the Dungog Shire)
5 FIBRE ART & THREE DIMENSIONAL WORKS (fibre art must be original/own design & will be judged on most innovative use of any type of textile media. 3D work,
any medium containing height, width & depth)
6 MINIATURES (paintings -10 cm x 10 cm Max.(framed 30 cm x 30 cm max)
7 YOUTH - any medium - 3 prizes awarded (12 to 18 yrs old)
8 JUNIOR – any medium - 3 prizes awarded (under 12yrs old)
Conditions of Entry
1 LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Paper Entry Forms must be CLEARLY printed (BLOCK LETTERS). INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE ENTRY FORMS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
2. An Entry Fee will be charged per entry of $20 ($15 for DAS members, $7.00 per entry for Youth/Junior sections). Payment details are on the Application Form. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3 A commission of 30% will be charged on all entries sold during the show. (15% for Dungog Arts Society Members).
4 All works must be for sale (Youth entries exempt unless priced).
5 All entries must be the original work by the artist, having been completed within the last two years. Reproductions and tutored works will not be accepted. Exhibits must not infringe copyright laws.
6 There is a limit of four (4) entries per artist. Entries may be entered in one section only.
7. Sections 7 (Youth Awards) Paintings, Drawing and Photography must be ready to hang and are limited to those aged 12 to 18 years (inclusive).
8 Sections 8 (Junior Awards) Paintings Drawings & Photography must be ready to hang & are limited to those aged up to 12 years ( inclusive).
9 Photography is to be entered into the photography sections only (may be printed on ready to hang canvas) and must be ready to hang.
10 The Local Artist Award is acquisitive and only artists residing in Dungog Shire are eligible for Section 3.
11 All entries must be dry and prepared (hooked and wired, ready for hanging or display )– otherwise they will not be exhibited.
12 Maximum size for all entries to be hung will be 1 metre width X 1 metre height including the frame. Entries larger than this will not be accepted.
13. Miniatures – Maximum size 10cm X 10cm excluding frame (framed 30cm X 30cm)
14 Maximum Size for Sections 5 (Fibre Art and 3 dimensional) – 1 metre in any direction unless freestanding from floor. Entries larger than this will not be accepted
15. All Three Dimensional Works (Section 5) must be stable and self supporting and not require difficult or unusual installation
16. All entries must be clearly labelled (securely attached) on back of work with title, section, price, medium and artist’s name – otherwise they will not be hung.
17. All entries will remain on view until the close of the Exhibition, unless sold to an out of area person.
18. Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance. The greatest care will be taken but no liability will be accepted for either loss or damage to exhibits while in our control.
19. Transport and packaging of entries to and from the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist (return prepaid labelled packaging must be provided and clearly indicated in entry form).
20 Judging –The decision of the judge will be final. No correspondence will be entered into
21 The Committee reserves the right to arrange pre-judging if considered necessary. All entries, providing they meet the “Conditions of Entry” will be judged but some may not be hung. Entry fees are non-refundable.
22. Dungog Arts Society is not registered for GST. GST commitments are solely the exhibitor’s responsibility.
23 Publicity-The Committee reserves the right to reproduce any entry for the purpose of publicity.
THE DUNGOG ARTS SOCIETY WISHES TO THANK THESE GENEROUS SUPPORTERS OF THE ANNUAL ART EXHIBITION
The Mutual is proud to have supported the community of Maitland, Newcastle and the Hunter Valley since 1888.
DUNGOG SHIRE COUNCIL
A proud sponsor of the Dungog Arts Society for over 40 years
Councils vision for the Shire is, " A vibrant, united community, with a sustainable economy. An area where rural character, community safety and lifestyle are preserved."
Settlers Arms Inn
We have a simple philosophy combining style, comfort and friendly service to deliver a memorable experience. Surrounded by rolling hills, pristine rivers and access to the world heritage listed Barrington Tops National Park, together with its historic buildings and streetscapes, Dungog is the perfect place for a weekend or mid-week break. Make the Settlers Arms your base while you explore and discover all there is to love about Dungog Shire.
Comprised of a collective of multiple business, boasting a workforce of about 800 dedicated, skilled and passionate people, Daracon Group provides an effective and integrated civil construction service to a wide cross-section of public and private clients. It’s our priority to consistently deliver projects that meet and exceed client expectations on time, cost, safety and quality.