ANNUAL EXHIBITION DRAFT
1 OPEN (paintings - any medium – any subject )
2 CAM & LESLEY SKINNER TRADITIONAL LANDSCAPE (Acrylic, oil or watercolour paintings)
3 LOCAL ARTIST (Painting – any medium - any subject)
5 FIBRE ART (must be original/own design & will be judged on most innovative use of any type of textile media)
6 THREE DIMENSIONAL WORKS (any medium containing height, width & depth)
7 MINIATURES (paintings -10 cm x 10 cm Max.(framed 30 cm x 30 cm max)
8 YOUTH - PAINTING (12 to 18 yrs old)
9 YOUTH DRAWING (12 to 18 yrs old)
10 YOUTH PHOTOGRAPHY (12 to 18 yrs old)
11 JUNIOR – PAINTING (under 12yrs old)
12 JUNIOR – DRAWING (under 12 yrs old)
13 JUNIOR - PHOTOGRAPHY (under 12 yrs old)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1 LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Paper Entry Forms must be CLEARLY printed (BLOCK LETTERS). INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE ENTRY FORMS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
2. An Entry Fee will be charged per entry of $15 ($10 for DAS members, $5.00 per entry for Youth sections). Payment details are on the Application Form. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3 A commission of 30% will be charged on all entries sold during the show. (15% for Dungog Arts Society Members).
4 All works must be for sale (Youth entries exempt unless priced).
5 All entries must be the original work by the artist, having been completed within the last two years. Reproductions and tutored works will not be accepted. Exhibits must not infringe copyright laws.
6 There is a limit of four (4) entries per artist. Entries may be entered in one section only.
7. Sections 8, 9, 10, (Youth Awards Senior) Paintings, Drawing and Photography must be ready to hang and are limited to those aged up to 18 years (inclusive).
8 Sections 11,12,13, (Youth Awards Junior), Paintings Drawings & Photography must be ready to hang & are limited to those aged up to 12 years ( inclusive).
9 Photography is to be entered into the photography sections only (may be printed on ready to hang canvas) and must be ready to hang.
10 The Local Artist Award is acquisitive and only artists residing in Dungog Shire are eligible for Section 3.
11 All entries must be dry and prepared (hooked and wired, ready for hanging or display )– otherwise they will not be exhibited.
12 Maximum size for all entries to be hung will be 1 metre width X 1 metre height including the frame. Entries larger than this will not be accepted.
13. Miniatures – Maximum size 10cm X 10cm excluding frame (framed 30cm X 30cm)
14 Maximum Size for Sections 5 & 6 (Fibre Art and 3 dimensional) – 1 metre in any direction unless freestanding from floor. Entries larger than this will not be accepted
15. All Three Dimensional Works (Section 6) must be stable and self supporting and not require difficult or unusual installation
16. All entries must be clearly labelled (securely attached) on back of work with title, section, price, medium and artist’s name – otherwise they will not be hung.
17. All entries will remain on view until the close of the Exhibition, unless sold to an out of area person.
18. Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance. The greatest care will be taken but no liability will be accepted for either loss or damage to exhibits while in our control.
19. Transport and packaging of entries to and from the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist (return prepaid labelled packaging must be provided and clearly indicated in entry form).
20 Judging –The decision of the judge will be final. No correspondence will be entered into
21 The Committee reserves the right to arrange pre-judging if considered necessary. All entries, providing they meet the “Conditions of Entry” will be judged but some may not be hung. Entry fees are non-refundable.
22. Dungog Arts Society is not registered for GST. GST commitments are solely the exhibitor’s responsibility.
23 Publicity-The Committee reserves the right to reproduce any entry for the purpose of publicity.