Conditions for Exhibitors in the Gallery
Only financial members of Dungog Art Society are able to participate in the use of the premises for meetings and art related activities, with the exception of paid workshops.
2 All full, financial members may display their work in the gallery.
3. Exhibits are limited by available space. Please try to keep work under 1m length and width.
4. All exhibits must be prepared ready for hanging. D type fixtures are recommended.
Screw-eyes that project from the back of the picture are not acceptable.
5. Before the work can be displayed, a gallery label with price and artist details must be filled in and the work should also be labelled on the back with the same information. It is the exhibitors' responsibility to ensure that labels remain with their hanging work.
6. It is the exhibitors' responsibility to record all exhibits, including small items, when displayed or removed, in their own exhibit books which are kept in the gallery.
7. Exhibits displayed through DAS in other locations, e.g. library, should be listed in your book
8. Commission of 30% is charged on exhibits sold, with a minimum commission of $1.00. For members who regularly volunteer in the gallery, commission will be reduced to 15%.
9. DAS is not registered for GST. GST commitments are the exhibitor's responsibility.
10. The greatest care will be taken of exhibits but no liability will be accepted for loss or damage to exhibits or artist's possessions while under DAS care. Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance.
11. DAS regularly takes work to markets, generally taking samples of the smaller items in the gallery. Please advise the curator if you do not wish for your work to be taken to market.
12. Displaying exhibits in the front windows will be shared. However, please remember they will be subject to condensation, heat and sun damage. If you do NOT wish any or all of your exhibits to be hung in the window please inform the gallery curator.
13. Publicity. I permit my work or myself to be photographed for the purpose of publicity.
14. As we have very limited space, once your work has been removed from display, please take it home as soon as possible.
I have read, understood and accept all of the above conditions: